Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An English Weekend

Why hello there!

I'm at school right now, and it's raining pretty hard outside. Unusual for this time of year, I think. And a sorpresa - the weatherman definitely did not predict this!

But anyway, on to more interesting things... ;)

This past weekend I went to England! I visited my friend Ruth, who is studying at Oxford. It was quite an adventure - first a flight to London, then two bus trips to Oxford. When I arrived in London at midnight, I had missed my bus by 5 minutes, so I had to buy tickets for two new buses. My first bus was fine, and it dropped me off somewhere in London... then when I found my second bus, the driver was taking a nap with the lights off... haha. So I chatted with my new friend Nico until the bus driver woke up (at 2:30 in the morning...). The people I met on the airplanes and buses were very interesting... :)

But anyway, Oxford is a wonderful town! Ruth was a great tour guide and showed me the countryside and gave me a tour of Christ Church, the college of Oxford that she goes to. We also spent a day in London, just seeing all the sights and enjoying the city. AND we made dinner and dessert with Ruth's friends. It was so much fun to be in the kitchen cooking food... my senora cooks all the food for me (and it's always fantastic, I shouldadd). It was a great trip, and I'm so glad I went. :)

Okay, okay, and here are a few pictures from my lovely English weekend: The first one is of the country in Oxford, the second is of Christ Church (with an adorable British child who ran into my shot... haha), the third is the Parliament building in London at sunset, and the fourth is of Ruth and me with Big Ben (our favorite site of the day!).
Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment