Monday, March 16, 2009

Granada and Donana

Buenas dias everyone!

This past weekend I went to Granada and Donana (I just love the names of places here... hehe). Granada is a city about 4 hours away from Seville, known for it's ancient palace and for the fact that you can see the Sierra Nevada from any point in the city. Donana is a beach about 1 away from Seville, and we went there to ride horses on the beach. :)

After spending 2 days in Granada, I think I've decided that city is my favorite, of course, favorite AFTER Seville. ;) We went to a teteria (tea house) and had fantastic tea, and visited the Arab markets, which is this network of tiny stores and stalls with incredible stuff inside. It made me really excited to visit Morocco in 3 weeks.

In Donana, we rode horses across the beach (my horse tried to make a beeline for the water - he was such a rebel). And then we spent a couple hours just hanging out on the playa, and we borrowed a soccer (sorry - futbol) ball from some Spanish guys near us and played on the sand. It was a lot of fun, and pretty sweet to see the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

But now I'm back at school - I have a presentation and a test this week. But on Thursday I'm leaving for England for the weekend! I'm visiting my friend Ruth who is studying at Oxford. I'm super excited. :)
Anyway, here are some pictures from the weekend: (In order) Me with Sierra Nevada in the background, the reflection pool at the palace, some cool graffiti in Granada (the graffiti there is more like art), la playa!, and me with Casita.

No comments:

Post a Comment