Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Classes

Hola amigos!


Yesterday started a new round of classes. These classes will last until the end of the semester, until mid-May. I'm taking three new classes, along with one that continues from the start of the semester (Cultural Realities of Spain). My new classes seem really interesting - I have Spanish Civilization, Spanish-American Literature, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I think I'm most excited about the Teaching English class because we get to help in the English classes here at CCCS! So I could be helping in a kids' English class here, which would be awesome. :)


So the days are definitely starting to get busier, and I can't believe I've been here for almost a month. Part of me feels like I've been here for so much longer... but then part of me feels like this still isn't real.


I'm getting excited for Feria too, although it's not for another two months. Ha ha. Feria is a giant festival here in Sevilla, and it's supposed to be really incredible. But the reason I'm getting excited about it is because I live across the street from where all the festivities will be, so every day when I walk to school I see the men building the huge structures. And the other day they put up an enormous banner over the front of the tallest structure, with lots of designs and flags. It's cool to see it all come together.


Oh! And here's a picture of these fun sculptures that are next to the Cathedral in the heart of Sevilla. There is just so much to see in the city...


1 comment:

  1. Did you model for that statue?? haha Love hearing about your trip :-)

    ReplyDelete