Friday, May 8, 2009

Feria, Portugal, Finals, Pizza?

Hey everyone!

I´ve been trying to update the blog for a couple days, but the server was having some problems. So, unfortunately, I can´t post any pictures right now. I´ll try to post some soon! But I can tell you about the past week here in Sevilla!

Last week was Feria, a week-long fiesta here in Seville (what can I say, the Sevillanos like to throw giant parties!). Everyone gets dressed up to go - a lot of women wear flamenco dresses, and men wear suits. The Feria grounds are right across the street from my apartment - there are over 1000 casetas (sturdy tents), as well as a huge carnival and lots of food stands. Most of the tents are private, which means you need an invite to get in. Fortunately, we had some friends who let us in their tents with them - where we learned Sevillanos! Sevillanos is the traditional type of dance, and it was so much fun learning how to dance from the Sevillanos themselves. :)

After a few days of Feria, we escaped to Portugal for the weekend. We visited Lisboa, Sintra, and Lagos. Lisboa is a nice city - we took an elevator up to the ¨Barrio Alto¨and saw the entire city from way up in the air. Lagos has the most gorgeous beaches I´ve ever been to. The weather was great, and the little town of Lagos was awesome (we found a market where we could buy fruit really cheap, and so we ate our lunches on the beautiful beach).

This past week was my last week of classes... yesterday was the last day. Today I have my first final (for Teaching English as a Foreign Language), and I have two more next week. But this is my last weekend here in Sevilla, so I´m excited just to spend time in my favorite city! (And study for finals... mmm, maybe...)

Well, this time next week I´ll be back in the States... but right now I´m just going to enjoy the last few days of la vida espanola!

Adios! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment